Do you ever taste best of best Almond Lavender Cake recipe? The mixture of amazing slivered almonds with other ingredients is the secret to this Almond Lavender Cake.This eye-catching, moist cake has a terrific buttery texture and a lovely lavender flavor. It's a top-notch example of a great lavender recipe.The Italian Almond Lavender Cake is eaten as a Dessert. Please share this Almond Lavender Cake recipe with your friends and family and let me know what they have to say.
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan and sprinkle with sugar; set aside. Place 1/2 cup sugar, the almonds and 1 tablespoon lavender in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy; beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and half-and-half. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine water and remaining lavender. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding lavender. In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough infused water to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Garnish with additional lavender if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
- Look for dried lavender flowers in spice shops. If using lavender from the garden, make sure it hasn’t been treated with chemicals.