A rich creamy dessert also known as Boston Cream Pie Cake. It is a wonderful combination of yellow cake, custard and chocolate glaze. This moist cake filled with pastry cream and topped with a chocolate glaze. This convenient cake and pudding mixes help create this delectable dessert in no time
Now take a look step by step directions to full list of ingredients below..
100% would make again
Prep: 10 min. + cooling Bake: 30 min.
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1-1/2 cups cold milk
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a thick glaze; set aside.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with pudding. Top with the second cake layer. Spoon chocolate glaze over the top, allowing it to drip down sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.